I went shopping yesterday for a new Suit. Although I failed to find a suit, I did pick up a reasonable amount of toiletries, and a few other bits too. I went into Birmingham today to see my friend Sophie and I managed to find a suit there, thank goodness.
Now for the haul, I have separated this into the shops where I got things from.
Continue reading “Accidental Haul”
This recipe uses Aldi’s Specially Selected Madras Curry Sauce. I cooked this for one person, however the recipe given has been doubled and will serve two larger serving and even stretch to three or four servings if being served with rice and breads as well.
Feel free to use your favourite curry sauce with this recipe. I like the Aldi Madras one because it is reasonably hot and comes with the spices on the top of the jar that make cooking a flavourful dish easy! It is also vegan!
I recently hauled E.L.F.’s Studio Foundation Serum in Medium and Studio Mineral Infused Mascara in Black. I also took these to Berlin with me, so have been using them consistently for the past 2 weeks. I am now ready to review these and share my opinions with you.
Continue reading “E.L.F. Mini Review”
First of all a big thank you to Alice for tagging me. I will tag Sophie, who I know loves Harry Potter as much as I do! This tag was put together by Cassie, and it’s been really fun answering all these Harry Potter related questions.
What house are you in?
Ravenclaw, as any good geek should be! I mean, I have a maths degree it’d be weird for me to be in any other house really.
What is your Patronus?
Right, so according to Pottermore it’s a Newfoundland dog. I was not happy with this, I think anyone that knows me would agree that it should be a fox. I really love foxes.
What is your wand?
10 and 3/4 inches, Redwood with Phoenix feather core, rigid. Basically a stubborn persons wand and I can’t agree more.
Continue reading “Harry Potter Tag”
This is a simple recipe for tasty vegan mash potatoes, perfect for with a variety of meals, including bangers and mash! This is a recipe for one generous serving.
You will need:
- 200g Potatoes.
- A knob of Vegan Spread, I use Vitalite Sunflower Spread at the moment.
- A splash of Soya Milk, or your preference of plant milk.
- 1 heaped teaspoon of Nutritional Yeast.
- Salt and Pepper.
- Boil water for the potatoes, add a pinch of salt to the pan and bring to a rolling boil.
- Peel the potatoes and chop them into fairly small, 2cm by 2cm is ideal, cubes of roughly even size. This helps them to all cook at the same time.
- Boil the potatoes in the salted water for about 10 minutes, or until soft enough to be crushed easily by a fork, but before they loose their shape. I reduce the pan down to a simmer when cooking and use a lid to make it more efficient too.
- When the potatoes are cooked drain off the excess water with a sieve or colander. You might want to keep some of this starchy water to make gray with as it will make your gravy extra smooth and delicious. Place the drained potatoes back into the pan that was used in cooking.
- Now add the nutritional yeast, milk and spread. Mash thoroughly, adding more milk if necessary to get the potatoes to a smooth creamy texture.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and more nutritional yeast and serve.
I hope that you like this recipe, please let me know what you think!
For more recipes, vegan food shops, beauty and lifestyle posts please follow my blog.
I am so excited that by the time this post goes up I will be on my way to Berlin with my fabulous Boyfriend. This is our first couple’s holiday and I am genuinely over the moon, hopefully we will have an unforgettable week.
This is a quick summary of all the makeup that I am taking with me. I am flying hand luggage only, so I am trying to keep my makeup to a minimum as it all has to fit in a plastic bag for security. I have never had problems taking makeup through security before as long as I follow the airport guidelines carefully.
Let’s start with foundation and concealer. I am taking my E.L.F Foundation Serum in Light/Medium. This is a light coverage foundation with SPF 25, so perfect for a holiday where I aim to do a lot of walking outside all day. I am also taking my Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer in Light Neutral. The concealer is very high coverage, so I can mix the two together for a fuller coverage foundation as well as using as a concealer.
Also for my face I will take my Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush in Achiote that my friend Sophie got from America for me over Christmas. I think this is a beautiful pretty pink shade that is very flattering on my skin tone.
Continuing with a pretty pink theme I will be taking my Urban Decay Naked 3 Pallette. I think the packaging is well suited to traveling and I trust that all of my eyeshadow will get there in one piece! As well as this it comes with a double ended brush inside that I really like for applying these shadows. I think that you can create a wide variety of looks using this palette, from soft and everyday to more intense looks, great for an evening out. Also for eyes I will take my E.L.F. Mineral Infused Mascara in Black as well as some eyelash curlers.
Continue reading “What’s in my Makeup bag for Berlin”
Here is to my first Bujo post! Yay.
I have been using a bullet journal for about 2 years now, and this is by far one of the most constantly used spreads, having used it consistently for the past 6 months with very little change in format.
Continue reading “Exercise Log Spread”