I posted a picture of this meal on twitter a while ago and it got loads of attention. I only use a quarter of a jar of the pesto at a time and thought that I would write out the recipe to share with you guys. This recipe will serve one.
You will need:
- 70g Pasta.
- 1 large courgette, or 2-3 small courgettes.
- Half a head of broccoli.
- Italian seasoning.
- Olive Oil
- Vegan Pesto, I use the Sacla free from one pictured above in my tweet.
- OPTIONAL 20g violife pizza cheese, grated.
- Cut the courgettes and broccoli. You can always cut crosses into the base of the florets of broccoli to help them cook quicker.
- Start to fry the vegetable with a little olive oil and some italian seasoning in a frying pan. Depending on how large you have cut the broccoli you might want to cook this for a few minutes first before adding the courgettes.
- Put the kettle on and get the water to a rolling boil for the pasta. Add the pasta and start cooking it.
- Once the vegetables have started to soften add a quarter of a jar of the vegan pesto, about 2 heaped teaspoons. Keep stirring at this point to make sure the pesto doesn’t get stuck to the pan.
- Once the pesto is evenly covering the vegetables you can add the violife if you want to. One of the nicest parts of this meal is when the cheese sticks to the broccoli. The flavour from the pesto makes the violife taste more like actual cheese and less bland.
- Drain the pasta and add to the frying pan with the pesto and vegetables. Stir until everything is covered in pesto and serve!
I hope that you like this recipe. Let me know if you try it!