I posted a picture of this meal on twitter a while ago and it got loads of attention. I only use a quarter of a jar of the pesto at a time and thought that I would write out the recipe to share with you guys. This recipe will serve one.
You will need:
- 70g Pasta.
- 1 large courgette, or 2-3 small courgettes.
- Half a head of broccoli.
- Italian seasoning.
- Olive Oil
- Vegan Pesto, I use the Sacla free from one pictured above in my tweet.
- OPTIONAL 20g violife pizza cheese, grated.
Continue reading “Vegan Pesto Pasta”
This recipe uses Aldi’s Specially Selected Madras Curry Sauce. I cooked this for one person, however the recipe given has been doubled and will serve two larger serving and even stretch to three or four servings if being served with rice and breads as well.
Feel free to use your favourite curry sauce with this recipe. I like the Aldi Madras one because it is reasonably hot and comes with the spices on the top of the jar that make cooking a flavourful dish easy! It is also vegan!
This is a simple recipe for tasty vegan mash potatoes, perfect for with a variety of meals, including bangers and mash! This is a recipe for one generous serving.
You will need:
- 200g Potatoes.
- A knob of Vegan Spread, I use Vitalite Sunflower Spread at the moment.
- A splash of Soya Milk, or your preference of plant milk.
- 1 heaped teaspoon of Nutritional Yeast.
- Salt and Pepper.
- Boil water for the potatoes, add a pinch of salt to the pan and bring to a rolling boil.
- Peel the potatoes and chop them into fairly small, 2cm by 2cm is ideal, cubes of roughly even size. This helps them to all cook at the same time.
- Boil the potatoes in the salted water for about 10 minutes, or until soft enough to be crushed easily by a fork, but before they loose their shape. I reduce the pan down to a simmer when cooking and use a lid to make it more efficient too.
- When the potatoes are cooked drain off the excess water with a sieve or colander. You might want to keep some of this starchy water to make gray with as it will make your gravy extra smooth and delicious. Place the drained potatoes back into the pan that was used in cooking.
- Now add the nutritional yeast, milk and spread. Mash thoroughly, adding more milk if necessary to get the potatoes to a smooth creamy texture.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and more nutritional yeast and serve.
I hope that you like this recipe, please let me know what you think!
For more recipes, vegan food shops, beauty and lifestyle posts please follow my blog.